Saturday, July 7, 2012

Where to Find Free Yoga on the Internet

If you are like me and love yoga, but haven't got the funds to spare you are probably very well versed with the search phrase "free yoga videos online" on google and you know it can be rather difficult to find.  There seems to be a multitude of places you can find free yoga poses, but for me personally I like to do the classes with someone guiding me.  And I must say that it is easier to google the free yoga poses than to find the videos that's for sure!

So I feel like I am consistently always searching for free places to practice yoga online.  There are several sites that give you "free trials".  Those sites are great, but I have only found one that doesn't ask for your credit card information (which make it much less obligation free in the end):

http://www.myyogaonline.com/

I love this site, but after two weeks you have to pay, and at this point in my life that is not an option.  So what is next when you have run your subscription and just want to do yoga for FREE everyday and don't want to keep doing the same class over and over?

Well there are sites like www.hulu.com, which has several GREAT yoga videos with a group called yoga zone and gaiam.  The only catch is there are commercials which can really throw off your practice in a bad way.  I know many times I will be in the middle of a pose and they cut to commercial suddenly jarring me out of the mood my practice is putting me in.  It is very annoying, so personally I have stopped doing yoga with hulu searching instead for something that is truly free and doesn't subject me to commercials when I am working on finding my zen.

After all of my research to find completely free (including obligation and commercial free) online yoga classes here are a few places I have found some lovely videos:


http://www.yogaclass.com/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/yoga-other-useful-stuff-tara/id284197564
http://yoga.prevention.com/
http://www.yogajournal.com/
http://www.doyogawithme.com/

My favorite thing about all of these sites is that there is a multitude of videos on all of them.  You can pick from the length, difficulty, what part of the body you would like to work on, and with a some of these sites you can even pick the teacher of your choice.  I feel that I should also mention that there are many free yoga videos on www.youtube.com as well, but I have always felt like you have to cycle through a lot of videos in order to find a few good ones.

By far I have to say that my favorite of all the free sites I have found is www.yogajournal.com
I keep my home page set on this site because on top of all the great free videos they offer there is also a multitude of wonderful articles about health, beauty, the newest benefits discovered through yoga, etc.  It is a great place to be used as a reminder on a daily basis that I need to be doing yoga to find my center, as well as the other obvious benefits.

I also feel that I should mention that if you have a netflix account there is a limited amount of great yoga videos on there, but of course only if you are willing to pay the $8.00 a month!  They do however give you a free one month trial, so if that is your cup of tea you can do your yoga as well as watch a lot of great and MANY more bad movies when you are done!





If you have any other sites that are for free online yoga classes and would like to share please comment here or contact me and I would love to include them in this blog entry.

2 comments:

  1. thank you. video of you very good. I fell happy
    http://adf.ly/UYHQY

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. video of you very good. I fell happy

    Online Yoga

    ReplyDelete