Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sneak Peak!

Here is a sneak preview of some of my new jewelry collection I have been working very hard on for the past several weeks!


First I would like to preview these earrings that were inspired by the art of Gustav Klimt.  They are reminiscent of the colors he used but also the shapes, and the swirls he was so fond of using.  These earrings are made with hammered copper and lapis lazuli.






The next pair of earrings were also inspired by Kilmts work.  They are made with hammered copper and azurite drop beads.






Aside from being inspired by Klimts work I was inspired by some of the items I had in my bead kit itself.  The next pair of earrings are made of bone and red coral with sterling silver findings.




The next earrings I would like to display are jasper coins with copper findings.  The jasper is very beautiful with the green and brown inclusions.  They remind me of looking at the earth above, and one of the coins even has what I like to call a little hurricane swirl in it!





Next I would like to show a pair of elegant azurite broulette earrings which were a complete joy to make and I love because of their simplicity!






Lastly I would like to preview a necklace I made.  It is jade, with a silver plated hammered bar and a sterling silver chain.  It is reminiscent of an art deco or even Egyptian style blended with a modern earthy style.








I have really enjoyed creating all of these items so far, and I have many more things in the works!  There have been so many nights I have laid in bed thinking of my designs only to sit down and execute them the following day.  With a great deal of patience and trial and error I have found a my nitch in my designs and will keep creating more and more!


Soon I will be opening a shop on www.Etsy.com where I will be posting these items for sale plus many more of my unique creations.  My hopes are to have the shop open by March 1st, 2012.  I hope you all come and check out my work on Etsy, and I am sure to be posting more here as well!

My shop is officially open!  So if there was anything you see on here that you liked please go to:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/uniquelyyew 


And shop til you drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment